Terms and Conditions
Welcome to our digital photography marketplace, where you can buy and sell digital photographs online. These terms and conditions (the "Terms") govern your access to and use of our website and services, including the purchase and sale of digital photographs. Please read these Terms carefully before using our website and services.
- Acceptance of Terms: By using our website and services, you agree to be bound by these Terms, which form a legally binding agreement between you and our digital photography marketplace. If you do not agree to these Terms, you may not use our website and services.
- Description of Services: Our digital photography marketplace is a platform where photographers can display, and sell their digital photographs to buyers. The marketplace provides the infrastructure for transactions, including the ability to search, view, and purchase digital photographs.
- Intellectual Property Rights: Photographers retain all rights, title, and interest in and to their digital photographs. By uploading digital photographs to our marketplace, photographers grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to use, reproduce, distribute, and display their digital photographs on our website and in connection with our services. Buyers are granted a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and non-sublicensable license to use the digital photographs they purchase solely for personal or commercial use. Buyers may not resell or distribute the digital photographs in any way.
- Fees and Payment: Photographers may set their own prices for their digital photographs and will receive a percentage of the sale price. Our marketplace will charge a transaction fee for each sale made through our platform. Buyers will be required to pay the sale price, plus any applicable taxes and fees, at the time of purchase.
- User Conduct: You agree to use our website and services only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You may not use our website and services to:
- Upload, publish, or transmit any digital photographs that infringe on the intellectual property rights of others
- Harass, abuse, or harm others
- Violate any laws or regulations
- Use our website and services in any way that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair our servers or networks
What am I buying?
All purchases in the ArchDaily gallery include a digital copy (printing rights for personal use, NOT commercial) and a print, in case you choose that option.
Can I do whatever I want with the digital copy (printing rights)?
As long as you are NOT profiting from it (i.e. commercial use), yes! But if you plan on using it to obtain a financial benefit, the answer is NO...sorry. This prohibition covers anything from obvious monetization practices (such as selling the artwork), to printing copies that will be used for hotel rooms, for example. We (ArchDaily and the artists) trust people to do the right thing.
What if I want the commercial rights of the photographs/illustrations?
Contact us and we'll help you, simply fill the form at the bottom of this page.
How much are the artists getting paid?
We are transparent in terms of how the gross margin (price minus printing/shipping cost if applicable) is distributed:
- 65% for the artist
- 25% for the ArchDaily gallery
- 5% for an NGO
- 5% for transactional costs (credit card fees + the NFT creation fee we give to the technology partner)
I lost the link to my digital copy, what should I do?
After claiming your digital copy, it remains stored in a wallet. In order to access it, just click here and use the email you used for the purchase.
Which NGO will benefit from 5% of the revenue?
We are still working on finding the right one! The final beneficiary will be announced in October. We want your contribution to have as much impact as possible, so we are focused on finding one NGO that enables that.
How long will it take for my order to reach me?
Orders are dispatched within 3-5 working days. Thereafter, they should arrive within 1 to 4 days to the UK or Europe; 2 to 5 days to North America; and 5 to 7 days for Australia/New Zealand. Other destinations may vary - please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery. Once your order is shipped, you will receive a tracking number via email.
All shipments are made using the most efficient and cost effective shipping route, via Royal Mail, Deutsche Post, DHL, or other equivalent services.
Do I need to pay Customs?
We have duty free delivery to the US, UK and EU.
Customers in other countries may have to pay a Customs clearance fee as required by your port of delivery.
What if my print gets damaged in transit?
In the unlikely event of receiving a damaged artwork, please contact us within 48 hours with pictures of the damage. Once confirmed, we will endeavour to replace the edition, free of cost.